Asset Recovery Legal Assistant
Date – April 10, 2023
Reports to – Asset Recovery Manager
Status – Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department –Asset Recovery
Rothberg is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented person to fill an open full-time Legal Assistant position in our Asset Recovery department. Prior experience as a legal assistant is preferred, but not required. This position is fast paced. The ideal candidate is extremely organized and has the ability to multitask. Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating responsibilities with the manager and supervisor of the Asset Recovery department.
- Utilizing strong mathematical aptitude to calculate judgements and assist with deposits.
- Maintaining a court listing that includes the requirements of all 92 Indiana counties.
- Preparing various pleadings.
- Utilizing e-Filing of court documents, as required in Indiana.
- Obtaining and organizing client records and documents.
- Providing logistical assistance (calendaring, scheduling, preparing files to assist with hearings for attorneys, etc.).
- Maintaining a high-level of customer service while working towards a resolution with clients, courts, and other individuals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday–Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with one day per month on a rotating schedule, 10:00am to 7:00pm.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED/HSE).
- Professional and detail-oriented.
- Experience with computers.
- Ability to listen to customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Mathematical aptitude.
Prior experience in a similar role is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience and applicable skill set.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
All applicants must successfully pass a third-party background check upon offer of employment.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in Applying? We would love to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to: [email protected]