Reports to – Attorney
Status – Full-time, Non-Exempt
Department – Legal
Rothberg is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented person to fill an open full-time Legal Assistant position. Prior experience as a legal assistant or paralegal is preferred. This position supports multiple attorneys to meet the needs of our clients. Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating responsibilities with an attorney.
- Developing and maintaining a positive interaction with potential and existing clients.
- Receives, prepares, and transmits communications by preparing and organizing documents for client appointments and mailings, collecting and mailing correspondence, and receiving and distributing communications.
- Utilizing e-Filing of court documents, as required in Indiana.
- Obtaining and organizing client records and documents.
- Providing logistical assistance (calendaring, scheduling, filing documents, etc.).
- Tracking all activity related to the filings and informing the team on such activity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday–Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Has prior experience as a paralegal (preferred).
- Transcription experience.
- Experience with legal - insurance defense (preferred).
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Has the ability to assume responsibility, prioritize work, and manage workflow.
- Has the ability to work independently.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Works well under deadline pressure, and is able to thrive in a team environment.
- Has experience with Federal, State, and Local Court procedures (preferred).
- Has experience with e-Filing and iManage document management (preferred).
Prior experience in a similar role is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience and applicable skill set.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
All applicants must successfully pass a third-party background check upon offer of employment.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to: [email protected]