Alex Platte is a Fort Wayne native who has dedicated himself to serve the needs of businesses and individuals across northeast Indiana. His practice primarily focuses on business transactions, commercial lending and banking, corporate structuring, and succession planning.
Alex is often called upon to sort through complex and technical issues, and his goal is always to bring certainty and clarity to each client and situation.
Alex graduated from South Side High School in Fort Wayne, then earned both a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a Juris Doctor from Indiana University-Bloomington. He was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa academic honor society as an undergraduate. Prior to attending law school, Alex worked in software development for Discover Card in the Chicago area for three years. During law school, he served on the Indiana Law Journal and was made a member of the Order of the Coif in law school. In 2017, Alex was named among Fort Wayne Business Weekly’s “Forty Under 40” emerging business leaders.
Alex is active in his church, as well as with a variety of community organizations and professional and professional associations. Most importantly, Alex takes every opportunity to discover something new with his wife and children, or just relax as a family.
Legal Assistant: Beth Shanebrook
- Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2011
- Indiana State Bar Association: Leadership Development Academy; Past Member, Young Lawyers’ Section Council
- Allen County Bar Association
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star®, 2020-2021
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch®, 2021
- Fort Wayne Business Weekly’s “Forty Under 40,” 2017
- Legal Alert: "Taking The Pain Out Of Business Partnerships," published November 9, 2021
- Legal Alert: "Indiana Changes Recording Requirements (Again)," published February 19, 2021
- Legal Alert: "Indiana Changes Recording Requirements," published June 26, 2020
- American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, "Beyond Rule 9011: Should You Really Sign That Proof of Claim?" published March 1, 2014
- February 2018 – "Tax Reform: What Does it Mean for You?" – Webinar hosted by Rothberg
- June 2017 – "Legal Considerations for Startups" – Webinar hosted by AcceLINX musculoskeletal health business accelerator
- March 2017 – "Security Interests: Perfection and Priority" – Northeast Indiana Paralegal Association
- May 2016 – "Tax Credit Financing for Real Estate Development" – Risk Management Association, Northeast Indiana Chapter
- March 2014 – "Building Towards Brown v. Board of Education" – Benjamin Harrison Inn of Court
- October 2013 – "Student Loan Hardship Litigation, IBR and Other Issues" – Northern District of Indiana Annual Fall Seminar