Amy Thompson's practice is primarily in the areas of commercial and consumer banking, as well as business law. She comes to Rothberg with 5 years of legal experience preceded by 13 years in the banking and finance industry. Amy advises financial institutions with commercial loan workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies and other creditors’ rights issues as well as advising on landlord/tenant matters.
Amy holds dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Management and Human Resources as well as a MBA from Indiana Tech. She received her Juris Doctor from Indiana Tech Law School.
While attending law school, Amy was nominated for and received the Judy Vaught Award for Service - an honor bestowed upon her by her peers.
Amy also counsels lenders, banking institutions, trade creditors, including secured/unsecured creditors, with regard to numerous collection and asset recovery issues throughout the state of Indiana. Amy is passionate about cultivating relationships with and providing effective legal service to her clients all the while adhering to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) requirements and all other relevant laws and regulations. Amy also assists clients with regard to compliance and other lending and financial institution regulatory matters.
Amy is connected to the community - eager to serve and has taken board positions on several of the area's service-minded organizations. She has served as a hearing officer for Fort Wayne Housing Authority and is a registered civil mediator, focused on civil and domestic relations alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Legal Assistant: Debra Schmitz
- Indiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District, 2017
- Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indian Tribal Courts, 2020
- Registered Civil Mediator
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator
- Allen County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section Vice-Chair
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Allen County Bar Association
- Counsel lenders and banking institutions, secured and unsecured, in chapter 7 liquidations, chapter 13, chapter 11 and chapter 12 reorganizations throughout Indiana
- Counsel for numerous lenders in connection with foreclosure matters and litigation
- Counsel for residential mortgage lenders and servicers in chapters 7 and 13
- Appellate Justice Project for Domestic Violence Survivors, Co-founder
- Children's Autism Center, Board Member
- Make a Wish Northeast Indiana, Council Member
- Volunteer Lawyer Program of Northeast Indiana, Inc., Volunteer
- Indiana Credit Union League, Webinar, "Collection Roundtable", February 2022