Jared Helge practices primarily in the areas of commercial and consumer banking, as well as corporate transactions. His practice encompasses the negotiation and structuring of commercial lending transactions for national, regional and local financial institutions, as well as private equity funds and other lenders, including commercial real estate and asset-based loans. Jared regularly advises lenders regarding commercial loan workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and other creditors’ rights issues. Jared also counsels lenders with respect to the sale and purchase of individual commercial loans and commercial loan portfolios.
Additionally, Jared is counsel to consumer banking and mortgage loan servicing clients regarding foreclosure, default, title, real estate, regulatory and loss mitigation issues.
Born and raised in rural Nebraska, Jared understands farming, which also allows him to advise clients regarding various agricultural transaction and lending issues.
Jared holds a Bachelor of Science from University of Nebraska, where he majored in International Business and graduated with honors. Jared graduated cum laude from Valparaiso University School of Law with the degree of Juris Doctor.
Legal Assistant: Cindy Wigfield
- Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Allen County Bar Association
- National Association of Development Companies
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2015–2020
- Counsel to national banking association in collection and workout of $1.6 million loan, including appointment of receiver, liquidation of business assets, and foreclosure of commercial real estate.
- Counsel to national banking association in restructure of $46 million in term loan facilities related to retail shopping mall.
- Counsel to trustee in $9 million disputed secured bond transaction involving tax credit real estate.
- Counsel to regional lender in documentation of $6.4 million in bonds to finance construction and equipping of new manufacturing facility.
- Counsel to regional lender in consolidation and restructure of $20 million secured term and revolving credit transaction with local manufacturer.
- Counsel to national banking association in restructure of $1.0 million agricultural loan, including liquidation of collateral and related bankruptcy matters.
- Counsel to regional lender in documentation of $70 million secured term and revolving credit transaction with multiple participant lenders.
- Counsel to agricultural lender in collection and workout of various agricultural loans, including foreclosure of agricultural real estate.
- Counsel to national agricultural lender in numerous secured credit transactions throughout Indiana ranging from $1 million to $35 million.
- Erin's House for Grieving Children: Board of Directors
- Community Transportation Network: Board of Directors
- Legal Alert: "2021 Mortgage Servicing COVID-19 Rule," published July 26, 2021
- Legal Alert: "Indiana Changes Recording Requirements (Again)," published February 19, 2021
- Legal Alert: "Indiana Changes Recording Requirements," published June 26, 2020
- Legal Alert: "Making Demand on Guarantor," published September 6, 2017
- Legal Alert: "Indiana Commercial Court Pilot Project," published March 18, 2016
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana: “The Secrets of Practicing Law in Fort Wayne,” February 2015
- Northern Indiana Chapter of RMA, Fort Wayne, Indiana: “Lawyer’s Perspective: The Birth, Life and Death of a Loan,” March 2012