Jason Scheele joined Rothberg as a Partner in 2009. Jason has tried cases before juries throughout central and northern Indiana both in state and federal courts on matters involving medical malpractice, products liability, personal injury, commercial litigation, and defamation. His practice focuses on medical malpractice defense, commercial litigation, insurance defense, and product liability defense.
Jason has represented hospitals, physicians, and nurses in a variety of complex malpractice matters. His representation of physicians spans virtually every practice area and specialty, ranging from obstetrics, orthopedics, radiology, and anesthesiology.
In his commercial litigation practice, Jason has litigated issues related to contract disputes, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty, and defense of legal malpractice claims. His clients include municipalities, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
Jason received his Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Franklin College, where he was an Academic All-American golfer. He is a cum laude graduate of Indiana University Maurer School of Law and was selected for the Order of the Barristers.
- Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2001
- Allen County Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2017-2020
- Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star®, 2009 and 2012-2016
- Early Childhood Alliance: Board of Directors and Program Committee
- Legal Alert: "McKeen and Miller are in! K.D. is out! Plaintiffs May Raise New Theories After the Medical Review Panel," published August 1, 2017
- February 2018 – "Tax Reform: What Does it Mean for You?" – Webinar hosted by Rothberg
- June 2017 – "Legal Considerations for Startups" – Webinar hosted by AcceLINX musculoskeletal health business accelerator
- March 2017 – "Security Interests: Perfection and Priority" – Northeast Indiana Paralegal Association
- May 2016 – "Tax Credit Financing for Real Estate Development" – Risk Management Association, Northeast Indiana Chapter
- March 2014 – "Building Towards Brown v. Board of Education" – Benjamin Harrison Inn of Court
- October 2013 – "Student Loan Hardship Litigation, IBR and Other Issues" – Northern District of Indiana Annual Fall Seminar