Mike Deam concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, municipal, and business law. He has extensive experience in real estate and business transactions.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Science in Business from Indiana University–Bloomington. While there, he was a business major with a concentrations in accounting. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. His educational background assists him in representing both buyers and sellers in negotiating and drafting agreements in connection with complex real estate and business transactions.
Mike was appointed by Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb to serve on the Indiana Business Law Survey Commission in 2018. The Commission considers recommendations to the General Assembly concerning specific amendments. Mike continues to serve as a member.
Mike has extensive experience representing the Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority in connection with real estate, construction, regulatory, and other matters.
Legal Assistant: Annette Deaton
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1989
- Allen County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Indiana Business Law Survey Commission Member
- Airport Council International
- American Association of Airport Executives
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers®, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2019–2022
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers®, Real Estate Law, 2019–2022
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and closing of the sale of commercial shopping centers to real estate investment trusts, in a multi-million dollar transaction
- Represented the buyer in the negotiation and closing of the purchase of a championship golf course, including real estate, equipment and liquor license, in a multi-million dollar transaction.
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and closing of the sale of a large apartment complex, in a multi-million dollar transaction.
- Represented the seller of real estate utilized as an auto dealership, including handling environmental issues.
- Represented a lender in connection with the secured financing of several apartment complexes in the amount of over one hundred million dollars.
- Represented buyers and sellers in the negotiation and closing of the sale and purchase of service and manufacturing concerns.
- Represented a telecommunication tower company in connection with its land leases and its subleases with cellular carriers.
- Airport Council International – North America’s Spring 2015 Legal Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana: “Aircraft Repossession from an Airport Perspective” April 2015
- ICLEF Aviation Law Seminar, Plymouth, Indiana: “Restricting First Amendment Rights in Airport Terminals” October 2013